Sunday, May 11, 2008

The biggest news around here is the Mustang Challenge. Eric was chosen as one of 35 big hearted and wild minded folks willing to spend the summer with a mustang. After 100 days of working with similar horses, there is a competition at the State Fair too see who has made the most of their horse. An extreme mustang makeover!
So last weekend, Tess and I went to Wheatland with Eric to pick up the beast. He came down the alley at a lope, kicking at the horseman behind him and into a chute where Eric and helpers put a halter on him before he went into our trailer somewhere near Mach 2.

There were several reporters there and so Eric is now somewhat famous:
http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/2008/05/04/news/wyoming/2b11f9eb334fef0a8725743e00832d51.txt - 33k -

That was last weekend. Since then I have been what I have termed a mustang widow.
The good news is that for mothers day I got a new camera....
Which of course I have to take mustang photos with.....







Saddle! This was after Eric's had him a week.

What a handsome fellow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo, nice camera, Wendy! What kind is it? I am looking to change mine out sometime soon.

Gena said...

Looks like things have been pretty wild around there lately! Did Tess pick out a name yet?